Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default King Crab Leg/Claws?

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> >>This makes so much sense it's pathetic. All the time and crab
> >>I've wasted reheating, this method is what I have needed for
> >>years. Thanks, Om, off tomorrow to buy some crab legs...
> >>
> >>pavane

> > Thanks Pavane. :-)
> > I feel you on that point. I wasted quite a bit of time and effort too
> > until I had this epiphany a few years ago.

> That's all well and good until you're feeding ravenous young males.
> They can shuck their own damned crab legs while simultaneously chowing
> down on pasta, garlic bread and salad. It slows them down and gives
> them a chance to fill up on less expensive items.

<lol> I still don't shell crab for others unless I'm making a crab
omelet for dad. :-) Everyone can shell their OWN crabs, then I'll heat
the lemon/garlic butter dip for them to use when they are ready for it.

Last time I made real crab rangoons tho', I bought flaked crab meat from
the freezer section at the Korean market. Don't recall exactly what it
cost but I do remember that it was reasonably priced:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmele...ngoon05152006#

I didn't do a step by step for that series (hadn't really done much of
that in '05) but next time I make them, I will. Hard to believe it's
been that long since I've made rangoon! I'll probably make it with
shrimp next tho' unless I get to a market that sells reasonably priced
crab meat. The last time I ate some surimi was a couple of weeks ago
and it will be the last time! It used to be good. This batch had NO
flavor whatsoever. :-( It's no longer worth the price with the crappy
quality...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein