Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default more food tourism

Christine Dabney > wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:45:29 +0000 (UTC),

>>(I tried to email an earlier version of this report
>>to Christine but due to failed web-email interfaces
>>I think it never got there.)

>Never got it.

Yes, I suspected so. But now I have a better internet
connection, at least for a couple days.

>>The hoped for one-hour drive from Linate to Parma
>>didn't quite work out, as we were half way to
>>Parma before we actually found the autostrada...
>>I was navigating by compass (which ultimately
>>works, but incrementally).

>Ya know...maps work quite well.

Right. My excuse is, while we bought a brand new map
of central Italy while we were in London, it does not
go as far north as Parma or Milan, and I figured I
could get by with a 20-year-old Michelin map of that
area. Clearly, roads and autostradas (autostrade?)
have moved around considerably in the intervening length
of time.

Now that we're on the newer map I'm much less disoriented. :-)

>Take pictures of the food, etc.
>Jot down what you ate at these multi-course meals.. I don't know if
>anyone else is interested, but I sure am!!

Thanks. I hope to upload some photos very soon.

>I am bringing a lot of my Italian cookbooks to the bay area, so
>Italian food will be cooked and eaten a lot. Even if I can't get to
>Italy now, I can at least eat like an Italian. And Kermit Lynch has
>some great values on Italian wines now. Will be getting a case or
>two..or more.

This sounds like a plan!

Steve