Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Freezing Vac packed Brisket?

On Oct 28, 10:45*am, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> What Marty said
> BeeJay

Ditto.

I never gave a thought to freezing an thawing a briskets. Just do it
once, though. Thawing it and then changing your mind (bad weather,
etc., that keeps you from smoking) and re-freezing makes the meat
texture funky.

After reading about it somewhere a few times, then finally here, I
tried wet aging a brisket. I worked great, and it added another
dimension to the flavor and texture.

After being in the fridge for exactly six weeks from purchase, I took
it out and washed it off. It smelled different, but no bad. Kinda of
like when you clean game and have that really rich blood smell; not
bad, just different.

A night in the fridge with rub on it, then out to the smoker to cook
as usual.

The results were great. The meat had a more intense meat flavor to it
all the way through, not a bite was bland. It's hard to describe.
The best way would be to compare an aged steak to a non-aged steak.
Both are good, but it depends on what you are in the mood to eat. I
now leave the briskets in the fridge for about 3 weeks or so before
cooking.

Robert