Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Deep fryer oil

In article >,
wrote:

> I bought a deep fryer a few yers ago, used it once, and never again, as it
> took
> so much oil and I didn't know if you could reuse it or how to store it. So,
> can
> you reuse th eoil, and how should it be stored? Thanks.

My deep fryer only holds 4 cups and comes with a snap lid.
If I intend to re-use my oil, I let it cool first then filter it thru
one of those re-usable fabric coffee filters. Clean the deep fryer and
put the filtered oil back into it, put the lid on and put the whole
thing in the 'frige. It's small so it fits.

Otherwise, I discard the oil, clean the fryer and put it away.

You can store the filtered oil for re-use in any clean container in the
refrigerator.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein