Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Plastic containers in the freezer.

Wayne wrote on Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:07:55 GMT:

>> Wayne wrote on Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:31:09 GMT:
>>

> Are these containers pliable at room temperature or made of
> rigid plastic? Some containers made of pliable plastic are
> still pliable at freezer temperatures and probably would not
> fracture.

Both Glad and Twistlok jars are pliable at room temperature but both
become fragile in the freezer. These are the only two makes I've seen in
the local supermarket. Safeway was selling a battery operated vacuum
sealer but rather stupidly did not have any bags for it. I'll have to
look to see if I can find a vacuum sealer at Sears. Wal-Mart is just too
much of a hassle

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland