Posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.support.diet.low-carb
Mrs Irish Mike Mrs Irish Mike is offline

Default How to lower obesity, fatten wallet, at Chinese buffets

I had a friend who, due to disease, had much of his digestive track
removed. He ate and very little nutrition was absorbed before he
pooped it out. He couldn't afford the money needed to eat enough to
keep him healthy so he would seek out buffets. He had been banned from
every Old Town Buffett within driving distance.

One afternoon he invited me to 'dine' with him at Furr's Buffet, his
treat. Seems he was begining to be recognized there and he thought a
companion would add a little camouflage. We sat and he ate for hours,
going to the bathroom every 15 minutes or so. At one point he
commented that the food was not much different going in as it was
coming out. Eventually the manager stood in front of the bathroom door
with his arms folded across his chest daring my friend to push past
him, but my friend had long since stopped being effected by
intimidation.

I'm not sure what it was that made him decide to leave, maybe it was
because the employees were not refilling the trays of food. All I know
is we had spent the greater part of an afternoon at the buffet and it
was now approaching dinner time, and I wasn't in the least bit hungry
when we left.