Posted to rec.food,rec.food.restaurants
Robbie Hatley[_2_] Robbie Hatley[_2_] is offline

Default Weird food in a philipine restaurant.

Howdy, group(s). I was in a philipine restaurant today
(Kainan Sa Kanto, Stanton, CA, USA, to be precise)
and I ate some weird (but delicious) food, including:

- A dish that appeared to be a mix of some kind of sliced
vegetables mixed with scrambled eggs.

- A dish that appeared to be roast chunks of beef in a
savory sauce, with weird tan spheres with rubbery
texture and meaty flavor.

I was very curious as to what the weird vegetable and the
weird tan spheres were, so I took a sample of both home,
and did some digital photography.

Here's a photo of the weird vegetable:
http://www.well.com/user/lonewolf/Weird-Vegetable.jpg

I sliced the tan sphere in two and photographed both the
inside and outside. On close inspection, it appears to be
some sort of egg, though of what type, I have no clue:

Weird egg, exterior:
http://www.well.com/user/lonewolf/We...g-Exterior.jpg

Weird egg, interior:
http://www.well.com/user/lonewolf/We...g-Interior.jpg

Anyone here recognize that vegetable or that egg? If so,
what are they?

--
Curious,
Robbie Hatley