Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default King Crab Leg/Claws?

On Oct 23, 4:20 pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> How do you heat up precooked pre frozen King Crab Legs, as they are sold at
> Costco? They're marketed the same way in our local supermarkets as well.
> TIA

Carefully. They are alread (over-)cooked so all you are doing is
reheating them. They don't have to be piping hot for most kinds of
ordinary eating so there's no need to overdo it. Almost any method
will work but the first step is to thaw them as slowly as you can.
The faster you thaw them the more the texture suffers. Best is on a
plate over a bed of ice in the refrigerator, replenishing the ice
every now and then. Next best is in the refrigerator. Faster
methods, including covering in cold water, are inferior. After slow
thawing, then warm. Microwave, but do it in shorter-than-you-want
increments and test as you go. Steam. Drop in boiling water, but
they sometimes get soggy that way. Put on a tray in a hot oven. We
usually eat it simply with drawn butter and lemon and it's more
important that the butter be hot than the crab..... Remoulade sauce is
okay, too. It's also good in a room temp salad..... -aem