Old 23-10-2009, 05:39 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Desideria Desideria is offline

Default Ques' on grilling salmon

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:21:47 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
.. .

Janet, we have Salmon roughly weekly. We usually do it with the
same method, and you might want to give it a try.

Salmon is cut into fillets with the skin ON. It's washed and
drained before preparation, then doused liberally with olive oil.

Placed skin side down, the flesh side is then sprinkled with
Kosher salt and then covered liberally with dry dill weed.
Period.

The grill is preheated to as high as it goes, then the grates
sprayed with Pam for Grilling. Immediately, the salmon is placed
flesh side down and cooked for 3-4 minutes, max. It's then
flipped to flesh side up and cooked until the thickest part is
120f maximum. By then, the skin is hardened at the edges.

It's served with our ginger butter sauce, which I've posted
before. If you ask, I'll post it again. We serve the salmon in
about 8 ounce fillets per person and that seems to be about right.
Most prefer to flip the fillet over, remove the skin and then use
the side of a fork to remove most of the dark fat/line before
flipping it back over and enjoying.

I plank the salmon on a soaked cedar plank, spinkle with lemon zest,
olive oil, dill, and pepper and salt to taste.

cook it on indirect medium on my gas grill.

Desideria