Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Fine value in Chinon

Betsy was in the city for some Sufi meeting, I make chili con carne
for dinner and waited for her return. Since I wanted wine, I only used
one jalapeno, along with a couple of dried (ancho and passila). I
wanted a wine that could handle the spices, but obviously not
something to break the bank on. Chose the 2007 Bernard Baudry Chinon
(just the straight estate bottling, no designation). Lovely juicy/
sappy base, red and dark fruits, a little bit of leaf, gravelly notes
on finish. Good acids, nice length, fine bottle,. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**
*