Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Poblano harvest is in

koko wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:23:16 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>
> > So I harvested 40 really nice poblanos today, half red and half
> > green. Shame to eat them they are so pretty. So ideas please.
> > Anything but rellenos as that is for dinner tomorrow. It would be
> > nice to showcase the red ones since they look so nice.
> >

> Roast, peel and seed them.

I've been getting a small stream of poblanos from the Neighbor-Shocking
Front-Yard Garden. Some red, some green. The green I roast and peel to
use for chile verde or chicken chili. The reds are nice in stir-fry,
more kick than a red bell pepper.

The unseasonably cool weather has slowed down both chile and tomato
production from the NSFYG.

Brian

--
Day 259 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project