Posted to rec.food.cooking
koko koko is offline

Default Poblano harvest is in

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:23:16 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>So I harvested 40 really nice poblanos today, half red and half green.
>Shame to eat them they are so pretty. So ideas please. Anything but
>rellenos as that is for dinner tomorrow. It would be nice to showcase the
>red ones since they look so nice.

Roast, peel and seed them. In a skillet cook some minced onion until
translucent, add some minced garlic then some corn; creamed or kernel,
which ever you prefer.
Add a little half and half or cream and the poblano strips. Then add
some grated cheese of your choice, I like Monterey Jack or Parmesan
depends on my mood. Place on low heat and simmer watching it closely
to melt cheese and thicken the sauce.

There ya' go.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw