Posted to alt.food.barbecue
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default 'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back

Nonny wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message
> ster.com...
>

>> I cooked about 30 # of meat yesterday. Can't say that I used much
>> skill unless you count 'not messing with it' as a skill.

> Nope, that's more like maturity, experience and restraint. <Grin>

You took the words out my mouth! : )
Cooking directly over coals does take some practice, and there are
techniques that can be used. When I cook ribs directly over briquettes I
allow coals to completely ash over, which cools them, before putting on
the ribs. (I use a starter can and they are furious hot when added to
grill) When I cook chicken I only add enough coals so there is a bit of
room in between the coals for and even cooler fuel. When I do burgers,
dogs, sausage, and steaks I pile coals up in a pile to one side for max
heat and move the meat over then off the coals.

Piedmont