Old 16-10-2009, 06:11 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

This just in, via Premier Cru's newsletter:

"From Robert Parker's website, an update on the tremendous quality of
the 2007 vintage in Southern Rhone. In his inaugural e-newsletter he
notes that 2007 Southern Rhone is the greatest vintage ever in ANY
viticultural area!!! The vintage of a lifetime!!!"

You hear that, everyone? Let me shout it out for you, in case Parker's
drug-induced slurring isn't intelligible enough:

"2007 SOUTHERN RHONE IS THE GREATEST VINTAGE EVER IN ANY VITICULTURAL
AREA!!! THE VINTAGE OF A LIFETIME."

Good to know. I'll drink up a bunch of 2007's, then think about dying.
I mean, why go on?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Vintages of the Century.

JJ

As is the 2007 vintage in Napa and Sonoma. Since it will take a while to
drink up all of these, I'm not too concerned about imminent death.