Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Parker takes the ultimate crack pipe

wrote:
> This just in, via Premier Cru's newsletter:
>
> "From Robert Parker's website, an update on the tremendous quality of
> the 2007 vintage in Southern Rhone. In his inaugural e-newsletter he
> notes that 2007 Southern Rhone is the greatest vintage ever in ANY
> viticultural area!!! The vintage of a lifetime!!!"
>
> You hear that, everyone? Let me shout it out for you, in case Parker's
> drug-induced slurring isn't intelligible enough:
>
> "2007 SOUTHERN RHONE IS THE GREATEST VINTAGE EVER IN ANY VITICULTURAL
> AREA!!! THE VINTAGE OF A LIFETIME."
>
> Good to know. I'll drink up a bunch of 2007's, then think about dying.
> I mean, why go on?
>
> We now return you to your regularly scheduled Vintages of the Century.

Yeah, the hype has been pretty unrelenting. Still, '07 is one of my
favorite vintages in a lot of different wine regions, so perhaps the S.
Rhone will be included (if I can afford to try it). What is humorous in
all this is that Parker was also very high on '05 there, followed by
raving about '06 ("better than '05") and then this. And didn't he
recently go ape-shit over '08? I forget now, as it's all blurring together.

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ:
http://winefaq.cwdjr.net