Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gene Gene is offline

Default dry rub for pork tri-tip?

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:51:09 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 03:23:13 -0500, Gene wrote:
>
>> I even created a form. Any steak or burger that a customer ordered
>> rare, the wait person would present the form and explain it. Not one
>> person ever refused to sign the form.

>That would scare me away for sure. I always order medium burgers
>and rare or med-rare steaks and have never been asked to sign a
>form.
>
>I would walk right out if they had to lecture me on ordering rare
>steaks and made me sign a form.
>
>> Never ever had an issue.

>I can't believe that. A form is just plain ridiculous. It's no
>wonder that form never caught on with the rest of the restaurant
>business.
>
>-sw

No it is not ridiculous.

We had a 20 yo restaurant that went out because of contaminated ground
beef, beef that was contaminated at the plant! This guy put 20 years
into his place and went under because of bad press. He was serving
burgers the way the CUSTOMER ordered them. They got sick because of
poor factory standards and poor government inspectors. I was not the
only place in town that required a waiver for rare and med. rare meat.

You drop a $100,000 or so into a joint and then tell me how stupid a
lil waiver for semi raw meat is.

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson