Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default How many layers is your lasagna?

In article
" > wrote:

> I usually go noodles, ricotta mixture, cheese, meat sauce. Repeat
> twice. I save out a little cheese to go on top. I don't like putting
> to much cheese on top because then it forms a tough skin and it makes
> it hard to cut. However, if you don't put any cheese on top it dries
> out before it's completely done.

Covering it while it's baking should prevent that, I think. And
covering it while it rests for 15-20 minutes before cutting should keep
the top cheese layer moist, too. JMO.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check