autometer autometer is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C. View Post
zxcvbob wrote:

Mine is (starting at the bottom): tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta,
noodles, meat, just a little sauce, noodles, ricotta, noodles, sauce.
Bake for about 45 minutes, top with grated mozzarella cheese mixed with
a little oregano, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.

It's good, but it tries to climb out of the pan during cooking. And
when serving, it separates at the meat layer and the top slides off. So
is there a better way to stack it? I think I have too many thin layers.
And maybe the meat should be near the top instead of the middle.

Bob

Using thin full sized sheets of fresh made pasta pretty much eliminates
sliding issues unless you seriously over-sauce. The fresh thin pasta
conforms to the surface textures unlike thick stiff individual strips,
and absorbs more liquid so it sticks much better. I don't think the
layer count matters much unless you are trying to out-layer someone. My
lasagna tends to run about 4 layers.
Mine is just like everyone elses except I use 3 layers. recipes4freeforum - Index God is good