Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ken[_1_] Ken[_1_] is offline

Default Score

> Generally, I fill a quart jar with tightly packed Strawberries, then
> fill the jar with alcohol of your choice. Rum works too.
>
> Let sit for a week or two.
>
> The berries and the alcohol can be used in recipes if you do not
> normally drink alcohol, and it will preserve the berries.
> --
> Peace! Om

Thanks.

I just had breakfast, and noticed some more scores in the fridge.

A huge bunch of turnips with the tops. One whole dollar from the
first stand. (If you order them in advance, they'll keep them in the
cooler so the greens stay fresh.) And whole chickens for .89/lb from
the store. Around here, I can eat like a king for almost nothing.
Well, turnip greens are more peasant faire, but you get the idea.

Thanks again,

Ken