Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Score

In article
Ken > wrote:

> On Oct 10, 7:34*am, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Ken <threeriversguy > wrote:
> > > Yah, I could freeze them,
> > > but since it's the last of the year, I might as well make somebody
> > > happy with fresh from the field strawberries.

> > Strawberries are delicious infused in to brandy or vodka. Makes a good
> > ice cream topping and preserves them nicely. ;-d
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >

> Do you mean infuse the strawberries or infuse the brandy? I don't
> drink, but alcohol in things is fine. So I wouldn't infuse brandy,
> but I'd infuse strawberries. If so, how do you recommend?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ken

Generally, I fill a quart jar with tightly packed Strawberries, then
fill the jar with alcohol of your choice. Rum works too.

Let sit for a week or two.

The berries and the alcohol can be used in recipes if you do not
normally drink alcohol, and it will preserve the berries.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/home?tab=mq>