ChefToddMohr ChefToddMohr is offline
Experienced Member

Location: North Carolina

I'm currently having an issue with my mini dachshund and allergies. This is a very timely post for me, because food allergies are the number one culprit in dogs scratching, scooting, and chewing their paws.

The main allergens in commercial dog food can be; beef, chicken, dairy, rice, wheat, corn, yeast, and fish. That's basically everything that is in dog food!

I've found wonderful prescription and non-prescription foods that are made with venison, rabbit, even kangaroo as the protein and sweet potato, oats or barley for the starch.

If your dog is scratching, scooting, biting, think about the cheap food you're feeding your best friend. It may be okay for you to eat fast food and other crap during the day, but don't subject your dog to crappy food. They don't have the choice. Buy the best dogfood you can, and you'll have a friend for much longer, and less Vet bills.
Chef Todd Mohr
WebCookingClasses.com
http://www.WebCookingClasses.com