Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Stormmmee Stormmmee is offline

Default Quick and dirty soup!

there is just the two of us not counting the cats. i cook portion and
freeze almost everything... DH does most of the daily cooking but when it
comes to bulk cooking and the slow cooker i do that, also i portion and
freeze all of the raw meat, once cooked DH portions it out by weight and i
freeze it... i do WW and our work schedule that haveing easy items that are
healthy is very important... i have a med sized chest freezer and one on top
the frig... i just can't abide waste... i keep a list on the frig of what is
in the big freezer, little freezer and both are on the computer so i can
read/edit them. I feel it is bad for me emotionally to waste food which we
worked so hard to earn the money for, and i also think food budget is one of
the few places you can save money these days... and since my diet requires
some speciality foods i find saving where i can allows me to buy these items
without impacting the budget. and having portions ready made also helps cut
down on over eating, if i have to back to the freezer for another portion i
might think twice about it.

Lee

--
Have a great day