Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Quick and dirty soup!

Its day before shopping day and I was clearing out the fridge ready for the
big shop and realised I had almost no salad veggies left and no protein. I
had a few bits and pieces in the vegetable line and considered what I could
have for lunch today.

So I gathered the bits and pieces together (carrot, onion, garlic, limp
celery, a zucchini and a bit of fresh basil). I sautéed the onion and garlic
in olive oil and in a saucepan put the onion/garlic, the veggies chopped up,
a can of diced tomatoes, some bottled V8 veggie juice and a can of 4 bean
mix.

It has been simmering for about an hour and the smell alone is superb, the
test taste was similar to minestrone. Will be even better when I add a bit
of dry parmesan and FGBP! Can't wait. Looks like it might be my dinner as
well as I can only see sausages left in the freezer so the kids will get
that - the soup is not the kind they like.