Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Buttermilk biscuits... kinda

OK, I'm finally set. I have buttermilk, shortening, baking pwdr/soda,
and even soft winter wheat flour (I think). The only prob is it's not
Martha White or White Lily, traditional Southern soft wheat flours,
which appears to be unobtainable, hereabouts. What I did get, from a
local health food store, is whole wheat pastry flour, which is
basically the same as those other afore mentioned low gluten flours
....or supposed to be. It's jes I wasn't expecting "whole wheat", that
speciously labeled kinda gray looking stuff.

Anyone made biskies with whole wheat pastry flour?

nb