Posted to alt.food.barbecue
theron theron is offline

Default Favorite slaw recipe follow up

"vex" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>> Which recipe did you use? This one??
>>
>> I 5# bag slaw mix
>> 1½ cups sugar
>> 1 cup cider vinegar
>> 1 cup oil
>> 5 tsp Kosher salt
>> 2 heaping tsp black pepper
>> 3 heaping TBS minced garlic.
>> Mix all BUTT the slaw mix. Put slaw mix in large mixing bowl pour the
>> dressing over slaw mix and toss with hands till all slaw mix is wet.
>> Put in ice box to meld. Best if made a day ahead.
>> Big Jim

> Yep, that's the one. I added some celery seed to it when I made another
> batch last night and it was a decent addition. I think I used about 2tsp
> for 1lb of slaw.
>
> --Brett

Whadya put in the "slaw mix"? I'm guessing carrot? But anything else? I like
the idea of the vinaigrette dressing, and am going to try it. Thanks

Ed

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.