Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine maxine is offline

Default Rot coal!

On Sep 29, 6:27*pm, "Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." >
wrote:
> maxine in ri wrote:
> > Or should that be rott kohl? *Either way, there are two head of red
> > cabbage in my fridge, and I shudder at the thought of vinegar, apples,
> > and other braising ideas.

> Colcannon? *I have never made it with red cabbage but ......

We had purple potatoes the other week, altho they were more pink than
purple. If I'd known the red cabbage was coming in, I would have
saved them. We had a warm vegetable salad at a potluck Sunday, with
white turnips splotched magenta with beets. It was sort of pretty,
until it had sat out for a while, and the beets colored the carrots,
the turnips, the green veggie....

Bleedin' veggies! <g>

with apologies to our British friends
maxine in ri