Posted to alt.food.barbecue
theron theron is offline

Default Question: Converting ti infrared

"Gene" > wrote in message
news
> One of my 2 grills is a Brinkman gas. Is it possible to convert one or
> two of the burners to infrared?
>
> I can'r find anything on that.
>
> Thanks!

I've been chasing "infrared" quite a bit lately and haven't seen that. .
Brinkman doesn't, at the moment, make an infrared grill. I think the only
low-medium buck grill company to make an infrared product is Charbroil. I
don't think there is a burner product you can put in into an existing grill.
Nonny may have done this somehow, based on a recent message in this NG. For
me the primary reason to have an infrared burner would be to raise the
searing temperature from its usual 700F or so to 1200F or so, like the
Salamandar burner used in restaurants. I don't think the Charbroil, nor the
other pricey infrared grills do this. In a recent article in CU testing
grills they really didn't distinguish the infrared grill from the old
fashioned grill, except to point which grills had it. Infrared burners will
change things, as much as induction cooking. I wish Weber would come out
with an infrared grill..

Let us know,

Ed, sticking with charcoal for the moment,