Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] cheapdave@home.com is offline

Default Fresh or Bottled lemon juice for canning?

I'm new to canning so I apologize for dumb questions in advance.......want
to can some tomatoes and the majority of recipe's I've found say
specifically to use bottled lemon juice, none that I have seen say why that
is. I ran across these instructions today
http://www.pickyourown.org/pressure_...g_tomatoes.htm and
they say fresh or bottled is ok. I also am canning some salsa and I can not
find one recipe that includes fresh lemon juice. I would prefer to use
fresh lemon juice, but not sure it is safe........TIA