Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tracy[_2_] Tracy[_2_] is offline

Default jasmine rice?

I am almost out and I was planning on picking some up at Trader Joe's
this weekend. I happened upon an asian grocery unexpectedly and figured,
I'd be able to get some there. They only had "organic" jasmine rice. It
was $12 for a five pound bag. What the??? Nevermind.

Later the same day I was in a local grocery store and I decided to check
the price there. $7 for a five pound bag. I still thought it was kind of
on the high side.

We don't eat a lot of rice, but I like to keep different kinds around
(brown, sticky, and jasmine).

What do you pay for jasmine rice? I live in the Boston area and
everything tends to be more expensive here.

Tracy