Posted to alt.food.wine
ronin ronin is offline

Default TN: Spain, Mendocino, and Rhone blanc

On 2009-09-21 14:46:00 -0700, Lawrence Leichtman > said:

> In article
> >,
> DaleW > wrote:
>
>> I had a glass of
>> the 2008 Martín Codax Albarino - light, innocuous, grapefruit and
>> peaches. B-
>>

> You are much more generous to the Martin Codax to I. C- in my book. Have
> not seen this particular Syrah but Mendocino wines are hard to come
> about here.

I had a good QPR albarino today - warm for Portland OR, we lunched on
the sidewalk, and with a "frou frou" Ploughman's lunch I had a glass of
'07 Segrel Albarino from Rias Baixas. Nice pineapple and white peach
aromas and flavours and with a surprising about of body - almost like a
pinot blanc. 12 USD at Vinopolis here in town. Abacela, a
central-Southern Oregon winery makes and often nice albarino, but the
current release, while it has a heavenly nose is a bit thin/watery for
the price, for my taste.