Posted to alt.food.barbecue
theron theron is offline

Default Gas "low and slow" Fmoker Recommendations

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Sqwertz > wrote:

>>> But he does have a point. If you mix freon with natural gas you're
>>> bound to get a lower temp, right? Especially in your garage!

>> 2% Freon mixed with 98% Hydrogen burns at 1350 F. Pizza oven?

> I was under the impression that burning Freon produced a poisonous gas.
> IMHO, if you want to reduce the BTU output of a grill, just turn the
> burner down as low as it'll go. If that's not enough, then measure the
> venturi, peen it closed and rebore with a smaller bit.
>
> --
> Nonny

I think if you can find a burner with a lower BTU output, and therefore a
lower low temp max and a lower high temp max in the same sized box you'd
accomplish the same thing. What you don't want to do is to reduce the flow
in a way that increases the chances that the flame will go out, and the gas
will continue to flow.

Ed, constantly struggling with synapseal dysfunction

The freon was in error. I meant propane, or methane if you're using natural
gas.