Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Sundy Breakfast and Homemade Bacon (was: Sunda Breakfast)

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:36:05 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Buttermilk Pecan Waffles served with a fresh peach and blackberry compote,
> along with thick smoked bacon.

A grilled sandwich: Fresh mozzarella and smoked goat cheese with
homemade, cured, unsmoked, thick-sliced garlic pepper bacon (enough
adjectives there?) and shaved pastrami. With 2 eggs over-medium.

This garlic bacon (from pig, not lamb this week) was The Shit.
There's a flavor in here that I can only describe as "eye watering".
It doesn't make your eyes water or anything, or make you want to
cry. It's a different kind of "richness" I've never had in such
quantity or from such small morsels.

Now I see why it's been recommended by professionals to do this at
home rather than buying it from the grocery store.

-sw