Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default king arthur flour

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:46:56 -0500, Dymphna
> wrote:

>Not all flour is equal. There are a great deal of additives put into
>flour which is not good for us and causing so many health problems in
>our country. Here is the web address of a better flour that we have
>'Wheat Montana ~ Home' (http://www.wheatmontana.com/)
>
>When I use their flour it always tastes better and there are far less
>preservatives in it. They also have controls over how it is grown in the
>field, and the farmers have to do things to their standards.

I am a big fan of Wheat Montana, but believe me, KA flour is of
excellent quality and cannot be criticized for any of the reasons you
mention.

WM is not "better' than KA, nor is KA "better" than WM - each company
offers up high quality flours to home bakers. I use both, along with
Hecker's, primarily. Some kinds of WM are perfect for some of my
breads and pastries, some of the KA are preferred for others of them,
and Hecker's is my fall-back AP flour that I can use in about any
recipe as I know it so well.

I also use Hodgson Mill and Bob's Red Mill among other flours. And I
am guessing you really don't know anything about KA flour at all, do
you?

Boron