Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Gas "low and slow" Fmoker Recommendations

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz > wrote:

>> But he does have a point. If you mix freon with natural gas
>> you're
>> bound to get a lower temp, right? Especially in your garage!

> 2% Freon mixed with 98% Hydrogen burns at 1350 F. Pizza oven?

I was under the impression that burning Freon produced a poisonous
gas. IMHO, if you want to reduce the BTU output of a grill, just
turn the burner down as low as it'll go. If that's not enough,
then measure the venturi, peen it closed and rebore with a smaller
bit.

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.