Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Gas "low and slow" Fmoker Recommendations

"Theron" > wrote in message
> I'd like to replace my aging Meco 5030-31 Charcoal smoker, if feasible
> with a gas smoker. I'd like to find a gas smoker that would hold at 225F,
> and go to 300F if the need arises. I had a Smoky Mountain Gas Smoker, that
> wouldn't go that low. When you read messages in the Yahoo smokeymountain ·
> Smoky Mountain Gas Smoker group, that problem is omnipresent, and probably
> a problem of its design. That was confirmed yesterday when I spoke with a
> customer service rep. at another company, the Smoker Company, about their
> 34" gas smoker.
> http://www.thesmokercompany.com/item...6gc-detail.htm
> It has a 13,000 BTU burner, which, when turned down to its lowest setting
> won't bring the temp. as low as 225F. Other than that it looks like a
> very nice smoker. Unfortunately it's not currently marketed and you can't
> see it before you buy it.
>
> Do any know of a product, or have a solution?

This is about the same thing for 60 bucks less.

I smoke everything at 250 to 275. I don't know if I can get down to 225 or
not and I don't care. Couple of weeks ago I did a 14# turkey at 350 and it
was excellent. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this performs and
yes, I'd buy another one tomorrow with no hesitation.

As for bang for the buck, this is pretty hard to beat. With "ship to
store" you save a bunch on shipping cost.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct+Information