Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Tailgating anyone?

In article
sueb > wrote:

> On Sep 12, 9:23*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> > > Isn't parking still tight because they built a new stadium? *It might ease
> > > up after things settle down.

> > The stadium is almost in downtown San Francisco. *It's *never* going to
> > settle down there. *That's just a high density area. *We take the ferry
> > to the game. *Close parking costs more than the ticket to the game. *The
> > old stadium (which is still there, but not used for baseball anymore),
> > is in a lower density area.

> Nobody tailgates for baseball - it's a football thing. So in San
> Francisco, it's still going on at Candlestick (or whatever they've
> renamed it to this week), because the Niners still play there. Biasi
> is referring to the NY Giants.
>
> But in the Bay Area, the place to tailgate is the Coliseum before
> Raiders games. For some reason, Raider fans are into tailgating big
> time - there's great stuff every weekend out in that parking lot!

Yeah, that's pretty confusing to me. My wife is a big SF Giants
baseball fan. Around our house, "Giants" means baseball. We live on
the West Coast, so a New York team isn't of so much interest. Besides,
neither of us follow any football teams, other than a couple of college
teams.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA