Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Tailgating anyone?

sueb wrote:
> On Sep 12, 9:23 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:

>>> Isn't parking still tight because they built a new stadium? It
>>> might ease up after things settle down.

>> The stadium is almost in downtown San Francisco. It's *never* going
>> to settle down there. That's just a high density area. We take the
>> ferry to the game. Close parking costs more than the ticket to the
>> game. The old stadium (which is still there, but not used for
>> baseball anymore), is in a lower density area.

> Nobody tailgates for baseball - it's a football thing. So in San
> Francisco, it's still going on at Candlestick (or whatever they've
> renamed it to this week), because the Niners still play there. Biasi
> is referring to the NY Giants.

(laugh) Only after I posted did I think ... is there another Giants
stadium and that's what Tom's talking about? To me it's the one
in the Meadowlands.

> But in the Bay Area, the place to tailgate is the Coliseum before
> Raiders games. For some reason, Raider fans are into tailgating big
> time - there's great stuff every weekend out in that parking lot!

I bet. I haven't been to a Giants game in almost never, you can't
get tickets. But I've heard they have some fabulous tailgate food.

nancy