Posted to rec.food.cooking
ffu[_3_] ffu[_3_] is offline

Default Tailgating anyone?

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:05:20 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

-->Tom Biasi wrote:
-->
-->> The TG's at Giant's stadium used to be awesome. You could walk around
-->> the parking lot and socialize and trade food.
-->> The TG squad now patrols the lot and dampers the fun a little. They
-->> want you in your own spot and not in a an adjacent parking space.
-->> So your setup has to be in the same parking spot as your car. I tow a
-->> trailer and take 1.5 spots. I tell them I drove two vehicles to the
-->> game and need two spots.
-->> So far just a sideways look and they leave.
-->
-->Isn't parking still tight because they built a new stadium? It might ease
-->up after things settle down.
-->
-->Today at my game, long story short I wound up waiting in the outdoor
-->stairwells to keep out of the rain. The stairs overlooked the
-->handicapped parking area. Something caught my eye and I realized
-->that people were parked in handicapped and taking up the next
-->space (or two) with their canopies and their other tailgating stuff.
-->
-->People who also had handicap rights kept driving by slowly
-->looking for a spot. One guy finally got a group to move their
-->stuff so they could squeeeeeze into the space. Then he helped
-->his elderly passenger with double leg amputations into his
-->wheelchair to go into the game.
-->
-->Imagine? Of all people, shouldn't the people who use handicapped
-->parking know not to take up extra spaces?? It's a different matter
-->from your situation where some people do wind up taking up
-->extra spots. I don't understand why the police weren't right
-->there writing tickets.
-->
-->See what you did, set me off. (laugh)
-->
-->nancy
-->

They do it because they think they can, we have the same probnlem here