Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Tailgating anyone?

Kris wrote:

> I might even "cheat" and have it in my driveway (I know, it's lame,
> but I live two blocks aways from the local high school field so it's a
> close subtitute).
>
> When I think of tailgates, I think of:
>
> bloody marys and/or pony keg
> chili con queso w/ tortilla chips
> some sort of soup
> brats (maybe sauerkraut too?)
> chili
> Some sort of hold-in-hand-to-eat dessert (like cookies or bars)
>
> Has anyone else hosted one? Or been to one that had a great menu?
> Recipe & planning ideas welcome.

Today's tailgate is washed out, but I had all my ingredients for
stromboli ready (pizza dough, prosciutto, salami, pastrami, hot peppers),
so I made them anyway. Froze one, baked the other and had that for
lunch. Unfortunately my brain let me down at the last minute and I
forgot to eggwash the outside of the stromboli before baking it. Tasted
great, looked anemic. Oh, well.

Last week it was a big bricked sandwich with the same salami &
prosciutto, artichoke hearts, goat cheese, basil and tapenade.
Other stuff I likely forget.

nancy