Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Goings on today

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> A friend of ours sprung a leak in his aorta back in the spring. Damn
> near died, he did.

He must have been near medical care, that usually takes you out.

I'm happy for you that he survived, and I hope he improves over
time.

> Dave teaches Ag Science. He can and will tell you more about hog
> reproduction than you ever wanted to know.

I'm sure he's extremely knowlegdable, but just about anyone knows
more about hog reproduction than I want to know. (laugh)

> In other news, I found another bee hive living in the wall of my house
> this afternoon. We had one removed from the north wall earlier in the
> summer. This one's in the west wall, but it's shaded most of the
> afternoon. Not too hot for honey bees. Obviously.
>
> The earlier hive produced two swarms this spring. I got a guy from the
> county extension to take care of them. He took one and gave me one.
> The swarm that the bee guy gave me left the box I had them in out at
> the community garden after a few weeks. One day they were just gone.
> No bees. None dead. None alive. The ridiculous prospect that we may
> have a case of homing bees has occurred to me.

If anyone's going to find their way home, it's honeybees, no? They're
all about finding stuff. They have that dance, there are flowers over
at Mike's, first you go left, then you go right?

Good luck.

nancy