Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Bobby Flay and barbeque

On 8-Sep-2009, Eddie > wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:50:12 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:
>

> >I'm sure we ate there, since Dad would usually go to the airport
> >on trips to KC just to see the planes. There was something about a
> >Connie that fascinated all of us.

> Sorry I can't contribute to the topic but my eye caught the "Connie"
> thing and I can say something about the Connie.
> In 1957 I flew from Dallas NAS to San Diego NAS in one. I was the
> *only* passenger on board. It seats 88 iirc. What a ride!
> Why alone? I was hitchhiking back from leave and caught the Connie
> MATS flight out as it was the first available WB plane. It had just
> had some type of maintenance done to it, new engines I believe.
> Eddie

Talk about OT. But, as long as we're all reminiscing, I flew on the
Columbine once. That was Harry S. Truman's Air Force 1 back in
the day. After retirement as Air Force 1, it was assigned to the State
of Tennessee for the use of the Governor. I got to ride on it from
Washington D.C. to Maryville, TN at the end of an Air Force
NCO academy field trip. Great airplane and of course this one
was a particularly plush ride complete with swivel cocktail seats
and full bar service.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)