Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Eddie Eddie is offline

Default Bobby Flay and barbeque

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:50:12 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

>I'm sure we ate there, since Dad would usually go to the airport
>on trips to KC just to see the planes. There was something about a
>Connie that fascinated all of us.

Sorry I can't contribute to the topic but my eye caught the "Connie"
thing and I can say something about the Connie.
In 1957 I flew from Dallas NAS to San Diego NAS in one. I was the
*only* passenger on board. It seats 88 iirc. What a ride!
Why alone? I was hitchhiking back from leave and caught the Connie
MATS flight out as it was the first available WB plane. It had just
had some type of maintenance done to it, new engines I believe.
Eddie