Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default dill-infused vodka

blake murphy > wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:54:11 +0200, Victor Sack wrote:
>
> > blake murphy > wrote:
> >>
> >> i've seen the garant name before in connection with infused vodkas.

> > They make an unflavoured vodka, too. Here are their products:
> > <http://glamourdc.net/sergey79/vodkagarant/html/products.html>.

> probably too rich for my blood.

I have tasted two of their vodkas: peperoni and garlic, and horseradish.
The former is very spicy, harsh even; the latter is mild and easy to
drink, but the horseradish taste does not really come through. I wish I
could try their pickle vodka, but it does not seem to be marketed here
yet. The vodkas are not very expensive, comparatively speaking: a 1/2 l
bottle costs EUR 7.95, but just a few months ago it cost a euro less.
It is more expensive than a 1 l bottle of generic stuff with 37.5%
alcohol content I use for my Bloody Marys, but it is still not anywhere
near the price class of "super-premium" vodkas that cost EUR 50 or more.

Victor