Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Bobby Flay and barbeque

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> On Sep 7, 12:57 pm, Craig Watts
> > wrote:
>

>> AND- Ed Mitchel won the challenge over Bobby Flay!
>>

> They ran that program as a double header, on the other one he
> challenged an award winning cook to make pulled pork sandwiches.
>
> He lost that one too, but probably mostly for being so
> unorthadox with
> his BBQ sauce as much as anything else.
>
> It was good to see both "real" Qers win for sure.

Craig and Duwop, thanks for the information. I have a mild
dislike for the concept of Bobby Flay's Throwdown show, and I find
myself almost always rooting for the little guy. Flay is famous,
has the support of Food Network kitchen and assistants, so to
speak, and winning a Throwdown for him is just an entry in his
logbook. For the people he challenges, on their own turf, serving
their most special dish(es), it means a whole lot more to win. I
support the underdog, usually, and that's why I don't usually
watch it. It's not that I want to see Flay lose; I want to see
the underdog win. <grin>

It's also good to know that either I was not way off in my
recollection of NC barbecue or that things had changed a bunch
since I was run out of town. <grin> It sounds like Bobby Flay
misrecollected what he'd read somewhere.

BTW, Craig, is Red, Hot and Blue still in business? Despite being
a chain, their Memphis ribs were OK.

--
Nonny

Our nation should be more like Illinois
and limit all politicians to just TWO terms:
One in office and the second in prison.