Posted to alt.food.barbecue
RegForte RegForte is offline

Default Barbecue Cookbooks

Theron wrote:

> Here's a list of BBQ cookbooks, almost all of which I haven't heard of. Take
> a look at:
> http://bbq.netrelief.com/cookbooks/b..._reviews.shtml
>
> Do any use and rely on any of these? I know this subject has been beaten
> around a fair amount. However, I think this list may be of interest.

The Smoked-Foods Cookbook
by: Lue and Ed Park

Excellent book to broaden your knowledge of smoking beyond the
standard brisket n' butt category. I'm pretty sure this
was the book that helped me perfect various smoked nuts
recipes.

Smoke & Spice
by: Cheryl Alters Jamison & Bill Jamison

Overrated book, but it seems to have struck a chord with many beginners.
A surprising number of people treat this book as some sort of bible. Too
much emphasis on ingredients and not enough on cooking technique.

License To Grill
by: Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughb

Excellent book. I recommend anything by Chris Schlesinger. His skills
go beyond the narrower subject of smoking/grilling to the broader subject
of how to cook properly meat of all kinds in all ways.