Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default dill-infused vodka

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 00:54:29 +0200, Victor Sack wrote:

> James Silverton > wrote:
>
>> A quick slug of pepper vodka from a bottle kept in the freezer is an
>> excellent pick me up. I believe Russians make it with black pepper but I
>> use dried hot peppers to make my own.

> Commercial pertsovka is made with chile and cubeb peppers; home made
> ones are made with whatever is available, of course.
>
>> I don't go for Absolut Peppar
>> vodka that tastes to me as if it is made with green sweet peppers.

> Yes, and it seems perfumed. It is good in a Blood Mary, though, opening
> up and revealing a nice peppery taste of another kind. A good
> commercial pepper vodka is Georgievskaya Pepper. Another one is Russian
> Garant with peperoni and garlic, which is very, *very* spicy.
>
> Victor

i've seen the garant name before in connection with infused vodkas.

there are a couple of vodka bars in d.c. with a staggering (heh) variety of
spirits that cater to russian ex-pats. can't say i've been to one, though.

your pal,
blake