Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Braised beef short ribs

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> >> It's not a big bunch of ribs so if it comes out sucking, no big loss. If
> >> good, the recipe will be saved for a full winter meal. For tomorrow it'll
> >> just be with some corn on the cob.

> > That brief grilling makes all the difference in the world from braised.
> > :-) Sure did with my full sized ribs!
> >
> > Difference between night and day... Seriously.

> I believe you! I might try that next time. Not enough meat to light the
> grill this time.
> Just about done, and bubbling:
> http://i32.tinypic.com/2v1vuj4.jpg

Ooh yummy! :-)
I love a good beef stew like that.

I'll be starting up the smoker first thing when I get home from work
tomorrow, but I have a few items to do. Canadian bacon, a few sausages
(dug thru the freezer and got out a couple of packages of those), brined
beef heart and I'm considering a small brisket, but I'll probably braise
that first to tenderize, then smoke it. Helps to take the guesswork out
of it and I think I can flavor it better this way with more onions and
garlic and stuff.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein