Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default dill-infused vodka

blake wrote on Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:38:49 -0400:

>> On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:02:45 -0400, blake murphy
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> maybe some of you remember a discussion a while back of
>>> additives for a bloody mary. some favored dill pickle
>>> juice; i described my efforts to buy pickle juice from a
>>> sandwich place near me that were unavailing. (i drink more
>>> bloody marys than eat pickles, so what i have on hand is not
>>> enough.)
>>>
>>> so, i decided to eliminate the middleman and make some
>>> dill-infused vodka.

>> snippage of project
>>
>> Dang, that sounds good enough to make me like vodka.
>>
>> koko

> i'm too big a sissy to do shots of vodka, but it makes a nice
> mary.

A quick slug of pepper vodka from a bottle kept in the freezer is an
excellent pick me up. I believe Russians make it with black pepper but I
use dried hot peppers to make my own. I don't go for Absolut Peppar
vodka that tastes to me as if it is made with green sweet peppers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland