Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Lamb Bacon

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:56:37 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> When I've done cured lamb, I had a good time trying
> to mix it in with other ingredients. If you do it
> right, not all dishes have to be a lamb-dominated dish
> per se. I've used lamb bacon in wilted salads that came out
> really nice. Also some stews. Other times the lamb did
> dominate too much. The results were often surprising and
> the fun part was experimenting.

This really isn't too lamby at all. And I only put a very light
smoke to it sp the smoke didn't dominate. The seasoning is also
pretty light, but boy - the upstairs sure smells awesome after
cooking up enough to have a BLT.

It's a tad salty after cooking shrinkage. I may try soaking them in
a couple waters for a few hours after the smoke finishes settling
in.

All in all, a very successful first try.

-sw