Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: SOBER @ Dan's, with Bdx, Burg, Loire, Nahe, Rhone, Champagne,Brunello

On Sep 3, 2:46*pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
>

> Thanks for the notes. *These are fabulously complex wines, the sec and
> the demi-sec. *But "cheesy?" *Do you mean "tastes like cheese (which
> one?) or "rather obvious and lacking in subtlety?"

The former, a light lactic note that didn't bother me - think Tomme de
Savoie-ish, nothing really ripe.
At least one other person found it unpleasant

> []> A great night, where the fact I was driving was the only downnote!
>
> What's the strategy in that case, do you spit?
>
> -E

Yes, took small pours to reduce temptation, and spit. Four hour
dinner, I'd guess I still drank equivalent of 4-5 glasses,but over
that period (I'm about 225 lb) I should be well under limit. 14 wines
at lunch today, but I'm guessing I swallowed less than a glass (not
hard, notes to follow)